This half term our learning topic is 'On the move'. We will learn about different ways of transport and our own experiences. We will also learn about Autumn, Bonfire night, Diwali and Christmas.
Within this topic we will enquire into:
- Ways to travel
- Transport names
Our key questions for this half term are:
- How do you travel to school?
- Can you name different types of transport?
Our key texts for this half term are:
- The Train Ride - June Crebbin
- We're going on a bear hunt - Michael Rosen
- The Christmas Story
Our core rhymes for this half term are:
- Tommy thumb
- Open, shut them
- Walking through the jungle
- Topic Hook -Bring your bike/scooter to school
- Thursday 4th November -Diwali theme day
- Friday 5th November -Bonfire night
- Wednesday 10th November -Maths theme day -Come to school dressed up as a job you need to be able to measure for (chef, builder, doctor/nurse, shopkeeper)
- Thursday 11th November -Remembrance Day
- Thursday 16th December -Pantomime visit -Sleeping Beauty