Children will be learning to:
- Realise that their actions have an effect on the world, so they want to keep repeating them.
- Plan and think ahead about how they will explore or play with objects.
- Guide their own thinking and actions by referring to visual aids or by talking to themselves while playing. For example, a child doing a jigsaw might whisper under their breath: “Where does that one go? – I need to find the big horse next.”
- Make independent choices.
- Bring their own interests and fascinations into early years settings. This helps them to develop their learning.
- Respond to new experiences that you bring to their attention.